NOTE: This post is very old and predates various Services and IRC daemon changes, thus all information is kept for statistical purposes and should NOT be looked to now as a guide or form of reference!
Services underwent some upgrades last night adding new commands (features) for users & IRC Operators!
Below is a detailed list of the upgrade:
Added: (New Commands/Features)
- SIDENTIFY – New command added (SIDENTIFY) which allows users (when their registered nickname is taken by another user) to issue SIDENTIFY to forcibly give them their nickname back and IDENTIFY them to Services automatically. The user that took the registered nickname will be disconnected (killed).
- N REPORT – New N (NickServ) statistical report is kept and dynamically updated for IRC Operators to view through Uworld. (See Uworld’s new INFO NICKSERV command. *This report is only available to IRC Operators.)
- COUNT – New command added (COUNT) which allows users (like the DALnet command) to see statistical information about how many vOp’s/hOp’s/aOp’s/sOp’s/AKICKs/BadWords/Users their channel has.
- Count REPORT – New C (ChanServ) statistical report is kept and dynamically updated for channel users to view through ChanServ. (See ChanServ’s new COUNT #CHANNEL command. *This report is only available to channel users with at least aOp access and higher.)
- C REPORT – New C (ChanServ) statistical report is kept and dynamically updated for IRC Operators to view through Uworld. (See Uworld’s new INFO CHANSERV command. *This report is only available to IRC Operators.)
- MIGRATE – New command added (MIGRATE) which allows Channel Founders to copy over all channel settings and users to another channel that they are also a Founder of. (*This command will not copy channel passwords for security purposes.)
- INFO – New command added (INFO) which allows IRC Operators to see statistical information related to either C or N. Report includes Forbidden nicks/chans, Suspended nicks/chans, Registered nicks/chans, Non-Expiring nicks/chans, Private nicks/chans as well as unconfirmed nicknames. (SYNTAX: /os INFO NICKSERV or /os INFO CHANSERV)
- CLIENT – New command added (CLIENT) which allows Services Administrators to create pseudo-clients and then manipulate them respectively. *This command is only available to IRC Operators>Services Administrators.)
Removed: (Obsolete/Removed Commands)
- No removed commands or features during this upgrade.
If you experience any difficulties with the new commands/features – please let us know in either #Help or by sending a Memo to STAFF via MemoServ.