If you were paying attention to your IRC client this evening; you may have started to wonder “What is going on?!” with Services disappearing for a few moments before returning, and then the notices about each server being updated; followed by a disconnection and netsplit..
We apologize for the inconvenience, but are pleased to announce the following updates! (effective today)
Services Updates / New Features:
- You can now choose a custom bot to sit in your channel (instead of X) by using B (Bot Services). For more information type:
/msg B botlist
- ChanFix (previously known as W) is now known as C. C will continue to function as normal and is using the same (up to date) database that W was using.
- The Services Web Interface has been updated (mainly a few small bug fixes introduced when IRC4Fun URLs changed)
IRC Server Updates
- Upgraded to the latest version of UnrealIRCd
- Server to server links now use latest TLS (eg: v1.2) instead of SSLv3
- Channel Banlists have been returned to 100 (max) bans active at a time.