Frequently Asked Questions
To Register a Channel with X, you will need a Username and to utilize the Web Interface.
Channel Registration is not a means to “start” a channel. You should begin using the channel for a while and once you have a “user base”, then request Channel Registration.
Presently, there is a requirement of 1 Supporting user. The user must have a valid X username and be in good standing. Support will be verified.
If you have 450+ access to a channel registered with X, you can change or SET specific channel settings. If you have 500 access to a channel registered with X, you can change or SET even more specific channel settings!
Level 450 Channel Settings:
- ALWAYSOP (ON/OFF) – When set, X will always auto-op itself when joining your channel.
- AUTOTOPIC (ON/OFF) – When set, X will always refresh the topic to the channel’s DESCRIPTION & URL as long as the channel is active, or in the event that X splits or restarts.
- DESC (Description of the Channel) – Sets the Description of the channel. This Description will also be used by X if AUTOTOPIC is ON, in the channel topic.
- FLOATLIM (ON/OFF) – When set, X will maintain a “dynamic limit” on the channel to prevent floodbots. (See also SET FLOATMGN, FLOATPRD, FLOATGRC, FLOATMAX)
- FLOODPRO (ON/KICK/BAN) – When set, X will use the set method to deal with users who activate Flood Protection on the channel.
- KEYWORDS (Keywords) – Sets key words for your channel, which can be used to search for channels when the SEARCH command is enabled.
- MODE – This command tells X to save the currently set channel modes and re-apply them should they get lost due to a split or restart of X.
- NOVOICE (ON/OFF) – When ON, X will not allow anyone on the channel to be voiced.
- USERFLAGS (VOICE/OP) – When set, X will apply AUTOMODE VOICE or AUTOMODE OP to newly added users.
- WELCOME (Message goes here) – When set, X will notice users joining the channel with the set WELCOME message.
Level 500 Channel Settings:
- AUTOJOIN (ON/OFF) – When set, X will automatically join the channel when rejoining from a netsplit or restart.
- MASSDEOPPRO (0-7) – When set, X will punish any op who deops more than the set number. The user will be suspended for 5 minutes, and added to X’s ban list at level 25 (so they cannot re-op until unbanned via X)
- OPLOG (ON/OFF) – When set to ON, X will be more verbose about X-command usage to ops on a channel.
- NOOP (ON/OFF) – When set to ON, only X will be allowed to be opped on the channel, and all operator commands must be performed through X.
- STRICTOP (ON/OFF) – When set to ON, only users on X’s access list (with sufficient access) will be allowed to be opped on the channel.
To set a setting (as listed above), type:
/msg X set #channel
/msg X set #IRC4Fun STRICTOP ON)
/msg X set #IRC4Fun WELCOME Hello, and welcome to our channel)
/msg X set #IRC4Fun WELCOME) (Unsets the WELCOME message)
There are TWO (2) ways to see banned users – one being the active bans in the channel (BANLIST), the other being X’s internal banlist (LBANLIST)
To see active bans on the channel:
/msg X banlist #Channel
To see internal bans that X will enforce:
/msg X lbanlist #Channel *
If you have a lot of bans in your X LBANLIST output, you can search with specific criteria(s):
/msg X lbanlist #Channel *!*@*.aol.com