Welcome to IRC4Fun’s mIRC Tutorial! New to mIRC?
1. Download, install and open mIRC: (You can continue to use mIRC past the 30 day evaluation period by clicking ‘Continue’)
2. Click Servers and then find and select IRC4Fun’s Random IRC Server:
3. Fill in your Nickname, Alternate Nickname, Real Name and Email address.
4. Click “Connect” button and you should be connected and see:
5. To get a list of channels, type:
6. To Join a Chat Channel; type:
/JOIN #Channel (e.g. /JOIN #ChatZone)
7. Once you have joined a channel, it will look similar to this:
8. To add a Channel to your Favorites so you can join it when you connect; select the channel window, then click Favorites and ‘Add to favorites’ and make sure to checkbox the ‘Join on connect’ option:
9. To enable SSL in mIRC; go to http://www.mirc.com/ssl.html and install SSL. Once done, you will need to restart mIRC and then go to Options > Options and click SSL…
10. Set your preferred SSL settings (our recommended settings are pictured):
11. Change your Connection Settings to use SSL ports: