IRC4Fun's W (ChanFix) Service [For unregistered Channels]IRC4Fun has a Channel Service (X) for those who prefer to register and preserve their channels, settings, and accesses. We also have a second service, called W (also known as ChanFix) for those who do not fit the qualifications to register, or do not wish to register their channels.
How does W work?W collects lists of who is opped in unregistered channels every 5 minutes and will add a point. It continues to gather data and scores over a 14 day period; which it uses to determine who should be opped in the event that the channel becomes opless or gets "taken over".
- Channels do not require a certain amount of users to be tracked/scored.
- Registered Channels are tracked/scored as well; in the event of needing a backup service if X splits, or goes down for a while.
Upon becoming an opless channel, or if the channel is taken over; it can be reported to #ReOp or have one of the high-scoring ops issue the CANFIX or REQUESTOP command to W. (Or wait for W to automatically fix the channel)
W will join the channel, remove any ops, bans and restrictive modes that may be keeping the real channel operators out and then will leave for a minute. Then W will rejoin (if there are any scored users present) and op up to 5 of the highest scoring users.
If a user is deop'd (or loses ops) in a W channel, their score will start to degrade (lower), so it is a benefit to stay opped.
Questions? Check out the ChanFix Frequently Asked QuestionsYou can view the ChanFix (W) FAQs by clicking here.
- You must have (and be logged into) an X username to be scored.
- W can be asked by a high scoring op to request ops, if lost.
- W can also trigger automatically, or by a IRC4Fun Staff member asking it to fix the channel.
- IRC4Fun Staff are unable to influence W as to who to op; it is based on the scores.
* W can also be used as a "backup network service" for when X is down or split.