IRC4Fun Checkmarks (Verifications)
IRC4Fun is implementing a new WHOIS “Verification”, similar to the old Twitter. The intentions are to help identify IRC4Fun Staff members to our users; and to also verify users & organizations and their team member(s).
Verified Users will now have a special line in their
/WHOIS output. We’ll be rolling out these verification’s slowly and may make adjustments. We recommend following the news and progress at this page (https://irc4fun.net/checkmarks) for news and updated policies.
|Verified IRC4Fun Staff||Verified Users|
* [siniStar] (sinistar@IRC4Fun/staff/siniStar): siniStar @ IRC4Fun.net * [siniStar] @#IRC4Fun * [siniStar] ☑️ Official IRC4Fun Staff * [siniStar] apocalypse.IRC4Fun.net :How did you think this would end? * [siniStar] is available for help. * [siniStar] is logged in as siniStar * [siniStar] is a registered nick * [siniStar] is using a secure connection * [siniStar] End of WHOIS list.
* [daniel] (daniel@IRC4Fun-gjnim9.9216.dqnm.2dc0.2604.IP): Daniel Shafer * [daniel] +#IRC4Fun * [daniel] ☑️ IRCdriven Founder & Lead Developer * [daniel] coven.IRC4Fun.net :Fiona Goode - and I am in charge everywhere! * [daniel] is logged in as daniel * [daniel] is a registered nick * [daniel] is using a secure connection * [daniel] End of WHOIS list.
|Non-verified Users||Fake Verification / Impersonation|
* [beto] (Albert@users/Beto): Albert * [beto] +#TheLounge +#IRC4Fun * [beto] inspire.IRC4Fun.net :Find your muse * [beto] is logged in as Beto * [beto] is a registered nick * [beto] is using a secure connection * [beto] End of WHOIS list.
* [IRC-cop] (staff@IRC4Fun-brvbq1.3432.gqqd.1dc0.2601.IP): IRC Cop * [IRC-cop] #IRC4Fun * [IRC-cop] coven.IRC4Fun.net :Fiona Goode - and I am in charge everywhere! * [IRC-cop] is away (☑️ Official IRC4Fun Staff) * [IRC-cop] is logged in as fakey * [IRC-cop] is a registered nick * [IRC-cop] is using a secure connection * [IRC-cop] End of WHOIS list.
- 11/19/2022: First batches of ☑️ Checkmarks have been applied to IRC4Fun Staff, IRC4Fun Bots, and members of the IRCdriven.com IRC Search Engine.
- Verification roll-out is currently limited to IRC4Fun Staff and limited verified groups/organizations – mostly IRC-related.
- Verification will require proof of role in organization/group, and identity.
- Accounts that are Verified will not be allowed to expire.
- Removing Verifications:
- If a user who is currently verified leaves or loses their role, for which they are verified, they may ask to have the checkmark verification removed.
- If a user who is currently verified loses their role, for which they are verified, Staff from the group or organization may request that the checkmark verification be removed.
- Questions, Comments, Concerns and Interest about ☑️ Checkmarks can be made by contacting HelpDesk [at] IRC4Fun.net
- Please inform IRC4Fun Staff if you see a user using an AWAY message to impersonate an ☑️ Checkmark user — you may do so in #Help or #IRC4Fun.
Apply for Verification
Click here to start the verification process –or– contact HelpDesk [at] IRC4Fun.net