Rules / Requirements
- Server Administrator and IRC Operators (local & global) must agree to be bound by the IRC4Fun Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) as well as enforce it.
- Server Administrator and IRC Operators (local & global) must agree to abide by the United IRC Networks Policy (UINP)
- Server Administrator must use the InspIRCd3 (3.13.0+)
- Server Administrator will be provided with the configuration files upon approval of testlink.
- Testlink is 30 days from the date that the server first links to the network.
- Testlinks will be entered into the Round Robins on the 15th day of their testlink.
- Testlinks will be voted either into Full Link or Delink starting on the 25th day of the testlink.
Instructions to setup your server
- Download the source or package (we recommend the source — the tar.gz version) from the InspIRCd Github: https://github.com/inspircd/inspircd/releases
- Extract the the tar.gz with:
tar -xvf v3.XX.X.tar.gz , replacing the X’s with the appropriate version numbers of source.
- cd to inspircd-3.XX.X and run
./configure — The default paths chosen by the configure script should be fine. You should allow it to enable all third party or extras modules. Finally, follow the instructions at the end of the configure script and build InspIRCd3.
- Once completed, you will need to use InspIRCd3’s modulemanager to install the following contrib modules.
./modulemanager install m_shed_users
./modulemanager install m_opmoderated
./modulemanager install m_globalmessageflood
./modulemanager install m_joinpartsno
./modulemanager install m_stats_unlinked
./modulemanager install m_require_auth
./modulemanager install m_svsoper
- Now you will need to run
make, followed by
- Your server is now ready for configuration before being run. Configuration files are provided if your application is passed into Testlink. You may run a temporary configuration of your own, if you wish to have the server running before it is reviewed. (However, understand that the IRC4Fun configuration files will only be provided should the application be voted into Testlink.)
In order to apply for a Test Link, please apply by filling out the form via our HelpDesk. Apply Now!