IRC4Fun Bots: ozone (Abuse Prevention)
IRC4Fun Bots: ozone (Abuse Prevention Utility Bot)
On IRC4Fun, we run an officially recognized Utility Bot (nicknamed ozone) for the network that helps to prevent various types of abuse.
Types of Abuse(s):
- Spam or Mass Advertising
- Unstable clients/connections
- Repeated text
- Nick-change floods
ozone handles these abuses with a network “hammer” . In most cases, it will warn before acting; continued abuse(s) will result in a network-wide ban .
How to get ozone in your channel:
- Your channel must have 5 or more users in the channel at the time of this request.
- Invite ozone into your channel:
/INVITE ozone #MyChannel
- You can op ozone in your channel, or give it the AUTOOP flag (though it is not required; unless your channel is set to +U [op moderation mode]) with:
/CS FLAGS #MyChannel ozone +O
/msg ozone ungline <nickname>(Must be issued by channel operator in the channel where a user “accidentally” got G-lined.)
How to get rid of ozone in your channel:
- If you no longer need ozone in your channel, you can either let us know in #Bots (while identified to your NickServ account) or you may simply kick ozone from the channel:
/kick #MyChannel ozone Thanks for the help!
Comments / Help / Questions / Support:
- For comments, help, questions, or support — please ask in #Bots.