Channel Service Account Passwords – Update
We’ve updated the requirements for Account passwords today. While we have not had any breaches or compromises, the updated requirements will help to maintain the security of accounts by requiring stronger passwords.
New Password Requirements
- Passwords must now be at least 7 characters.
- Passwords must contain at least 1 Capitalized letter.
- Passwords must contain at least 1 lowercase letter.
- Passwords must contain at least 1 number.
- Passwords must contain at least 1 special character.
Previously passwords were only required to be at least 6 characters — with no other requirements.
Passwords can be changed by logging into your CService Account and clicking “New Password” on the left menu.
Users will be prompted by the CService website as they login to update (secure) their passwords according to the above new requirements.